TVD Dedication: Vikentios Damodos (a short Biography)
Milestones: First conception: 1995. Dome construction: 2001, 0.51m VD telescope installation: 2006-07.
TVD History: to be written
Photographs (see below)
The sky above TVD now: click here for sky map
- Optical architecture: Ritchey-Chrétien (F/8 cassegrain single focus)
- Mounting: Equatorial
- 4-port instrument selector/diagonal rotator
- 20cm Newtonian guider telescope
- SBIG ST-7 CCD-imager camera
- Multi-channel High-Speed QO SiPMT photometer (on loan to the RFK/Eudoxos/TCC telescope)
- Dome: 5m diameter, double skin isolation, two-floor steel structure, plus storage basement (from year 2001).